Want to “live the dream”? Do you feel like traveling the world, meeting people and teaching scuba diving? Looking for a seasonal job or a lifelong career? Bring your passion for the ocean to the next level with the Instructor Development Course (IDC)!
The course is made up of two parts: the Assistant Instructor (AI) course and the Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) course. By completing both you could attempt the Instructor Examination (I.E) and become a PADI Instructor!
Looking for an Assistant Instructor course only? Contact us for details!
To enroll into the IDC program you must:
- Be certified Divemaster and as an Emergency First Response (EFR course completion within the last 24 months), or equivalent qualifications from another training organization (contact us).
- Be 18 years old or more and provide a Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
- Be a certified diver for at least 6 months.
- Have 60 logged dives or more (to get certified you need a minimum of 100).
The IDC course is scheduled over 10 – 14 days including EFR Instructor course (required). Sailing Club Diver runs the IDC with Rainbow Divers’s Course Director Jeremy P. Stein.
Jeremy was one of the 1st Platinum PADI Course Directors in the World and still retains this high accolade today. He is English and Sailing Club Diver’s Senior Instructor-Trainer, working closely with the SCD Management + Pro-Team to offer top training.
Price: 22.000.000 VND (approx. 975 USD)
Does NOT include:
- IDC Crew Pack + EFR Instructor Manual. Price: 15.750.000 VND (approx. 700 USD)
- PADI IDC Apllication fee + I.E fee + EFRI fee: 1286 AUD / 977 USD
Next IDC sessions in 2017;
- March: IDC starts 17th with the IE on the 31st + 1st April
- June: IDC 17th + IE 30th + 1st
- September: IDC 1st + IE 14th + 15th
- December: IDC 1st + IE 14th + 15th
Contact Sailing Club Divers to know more about Scuba Diving internship programs in Nha Trang!